- 2 cups Japanese sushi rice
- 5 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- Soak rice for 4 hours. Drain rice and cook in 2 cups of water. Rice must be slightly dry as vinegar will be added later.
- Immediately after rice is cooked, mix in 5 tablespoons rice vinegar to the hot rice. Spread rice on a plate until completely cool.
- Place 1 sheet of seaweed on bamboo mat, press a thin layer of cool rice on the seaweed. Leave at least 1/2 inch top and bottom edge of the seaweed uncovered. This is for easier sealing later. Arrange your favorite toppings on the rice. Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
- Slightly wet the top edge of the seaweed. Roll from bottom to the top edge with the help of the bamboo mat tightly. Cut roll into 8 equal pieces and serve. Repeat for other rolls.
3 Tbsp Mayo
1 Tbsp Sriracha hot chili sauce
3 drops black sesame seed oil
8-10 drops lemon juice
Mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
My wife Amber made cake-pops for desert. You'll have to get the recepie from her!